April 5, 2015

Bike Handing Clinic #2 with Third Coast Training

Demonstrating proper cornering

Yesterday would mark the second clinic I would be doing with Third Coast Training in Pasadena, Texas (Southeast Houston). After having much success with the first clinic I ran in 2014, Johnny (Owner/Coach at Third Coast Training) and I decided to give it a second go in 2015. Our plan was to build upon what we did the first time to make this workshop a better experience for riders of different skill levels.

I have been assisting in cycling clinics for a few years now – from small-scale club cornering clinics as a cat 3 with the Pearland Cycling Club, to larger clinics at the Driveway with Super Squadra, to spending a week at St. Edwards University as a USA cycling Jr Development Coach – this is something I am quite proud to do. Now I am taking what I have learned from other coaches and groups, and leading clinics on my own.
This time around showed a record high in participation. With over 20 riders in attendance, everyone was able to take something away from the clinic. We worked on steering, leaning, and proper corner entry/exit. These drills were conducted individually and in small groups, providing each rider an opportunity to build confidence and learn proper techniques in preparation for their next group ride or race.
With 100 percent certainty, I will be leading clinics in the future. If you missed out and want to be part of the next one, send me a message and I will be sure to get you on an email list to keep you up to date.

More photos of the clinic can be found on an album google plus: https://plus.google.com/+MichaelPincusTX/posts/hMsZxSmUWLy

As well as the Third Coast Training Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Third.Coast.Training?fref=photo





No comments:

Post a Comment