August 20, 2013

The Close of a Summer and the Start of a Fall Season



            
Shasta and I

So as summer comes to a close, the Texas cycling season goes back into full gear.  The Hotter Then Hell Omnium is this weekend, and my first day of fall classes the following Monday. My excitement for these fall is out of this world. With HHH, Tour of Austin, Chappell Hill, and the Texas State Championships. Couple that with the fact I will be surrounded by college women again on a daily basis gives me a reason to look forward for the next couple months.




The road into 2013-2014 is as open is my ride routes
Hotter then Hell is going to be the first “team race” since May. It does not feel like it has been that long, but in reality it has. My summer travels started early June with Tulsa Tough and I have not been at a Texas race since then.  Going into HHH the team will be nearly full. It will include David, Alec, Phil, Shane, and myself. I have learned a lot those few months I was gone and out of town racing Cascade, Nationals, and The Tour of America's Dairyland. I will personally be going into the rest of the season aiming to walk away with the best results possible for either my team or myself.

Immediately after the races that Monday I will be starting my second year at the University of Houston. Things will be a little less stressful in my opinion, mostly with the fact that I am finally in my major. I will finally be walking onto campus as an official Electrical Engineering Student. With that note my schedule for this semester is also the lightest it has ever been. I will be taking 13 hours over the days Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I think this will make school more enjoyable for two reasons. One being I will have more time to study and train on those off days in between classes, and the second it will save me some stress from the daily commute I have become used to from last year.

Lots of Late nights with friends when I
finally got back
I am sad though to see my friends start leaving Houston to head back to school. Luckily facebook and skype are there. I feel that ever since I have gotten back from Oregon I have been on a timer to hang out with as many of my friends as possible. That timer is almost at zero as I leave this Thursday for the races.


The sunsetting on another memorable summer vacation

No comments:

Post a Comment